Jan 1, 2021
A-Level Results 2019-20
Post 16 – A Level, AS Level and BTEC Level 3 Examination Results – 13th August 2020
The Principal, John McParland, is very pleased with the outcome for the majority of his students who were awarded their A Level and Level 3 Vocational qualifications this summer. He commented “After the high emotion and extreme turbulence of the last week there is still great joy for the majority of our students, for those who hope to take up apprenticeships and move into the world of work and for those who have gained places at university and are looking forward to the next phase of their education. We feel that our students did get the grades they deserved and overall we saw a fair picture in terms of what was awarded. Congratulations to all of our Year 13 students and in particular to our highest achievers:
- Mangla Gurung who achieved an A* grade in History, an A* grade in Media, and an A grade in English Literature.
- George Griffiths, who achieved an A* grade in Psychology, an A grade in Biology, and a Distinction* in BTEC Level 3 Sport;
- Lauren Murphy who achieved an A* in Sociology, an A grade in Psychology, and Distinction * in BTEC Sport.
- Blake Woods who achieved an A* grade in Maths, an A grade in Biology, and a B grade in Physics with an additional B grade in AS Further Maths;
- Chloe Brooksbank who achieved an A grade in Geography, an A grade in Maths, and a B grade in Psychology
- Tegan Taylor, who achieved an A grade in Media, an A grade in Art, and a B grade in History.
- Anna Brient who achieved an A grade in Art, a B grade in Geography and a B grade in English Literature;
- Joshua Houghton who achieved a Distinction* in BTEC Sport, a B grade in Media, and a B grade in History;
Mr McParland went on to say “It has been an extraordinary and unprecedented end to the secondary education of all Year 13 students in 2020. Unfortunately, they have had to experience a week of mixed emotions and traumas leading up to and following the release of their Post 16 exam grades. In the unique circumstances of this summer, I am very proud of all our students and how they have adapted to the challenges of Covid 19 and in particular to how they have dealt with the extraordinary way their results have been determined. Our students deserve the highest praise for their commitment and hard work as do our teachers for their expertise, support and generosity of time outside of school hours, to always ensure our students achieve their potential. We will do all in our power to make sure that every student has a pathway to follow, whatever their results, and I wish our students every happiness and success in their future careers which they fully deserve."